Once again, a lot has happened since my last post...
The benefit in Fort Ransom was held October 6th. Because of very rainy weather, the event was held at our friends Larry and Shirley Kenyon's shop. It is a good thing it was moved. We needed the space. Between the vast number of donated auction items and number of people, we had the building packed. There were four long rows of silent auction items, multiple (about 9) raffle drawings, meat raffles, free will donation dinner, and live auction. Many people in the community commented on how they had never seen a benefit that large. Tim and I as well as our family are overwhelmed by the support, generosity and general heartfelt concern from our community, family and friends. Things like this bring people together, and you can see how truly good people are, and we couldn't be more grateful. I was able to visit with many people I hadn't seen in years, and Tim was able to meet many people in the community. I will be putting out a formal thank you in the paper, but I would like to thank the Kenyons, Thor's Bar, the LARGE committee of family and friends who made all of this happen, all those who donated items, all those who donated money, Titan for use of tables and chairs, Joe and Deb Billing crew for food, and all those I might be forgetting (I am sorry I am so scatter brained sometimes).
Friday October 11th, I met my oncologist at Roger Maris Cancer Center for the first time. I really like him. He is very soft spoken and gentle, both good qualities for someone in his line of work. He has worked with my Mayo oncologist before and is 100% on board with Mayo's recommendations and plan of care.
Many of you have been asking about our Bentley, so here it goes. Bentley's health had continued to decline so Tim brought him in to an animal hospital for further evaluation. By the time he got there, Bentley was nearly in shock and bleeding internally. He was told Bentley had lymphoma and has had it for quite some time. He had developed a severe GI infection which resulted in the bleeding. There truly was nothing that could be done. October 9th, Bentley was put to rest. Tim and I are truly heartbroken.
Why do people cry when Old Yellar died? Why is it impossible to watch the end of "Marley and Me"? Because it is sad. We get attached to dogs, the most loyal of friends, who are such a part of our family as a whole. Anyone who knows Tim and I, knows how much we loved Bentley. He was such a sweet, gentle boy with the emotions and facial expressions of a boxer. It's hard to look around the room without seeing him there. It's hard to lay down at night without him right next to us.
So rest in peace our buppy, Mr. Puppy, puppy-pants, Mr. Bentley. We love you and miss you so much. March 17, 2006-October 9, 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment