I should start off by saying that I am sitting with Tim in our hotel room in Rochester awaiting my blood draw appointment. Arya is down the hall with my mom and our friend Kathy. Tomorrow I will once again have imaging in the morning of my lungs and abdomen with a follow-up appointment with Dr. Banck scheduled at 3:45pm. I know we will review all testing and again discuss the surgical vs. non-surgical options. I'll write again tomorrow or Thursday to fill you all in on what we find out.
As for our little family, it has been a GREAT summer. I knew I would love being a mommy, but the love and fulfillment I feel because of our angel has made every day better than the next. It has been amazing watching her grow and learn new things. Our "baby" will be turning one in less than two weeks, and I am excited and sad all at the same time. Each phase has been amazing, but it's hard to think of her a toddler and no longer our little baby.
Like I said it has been a great summer filled with family. We made a trip to Illinois to see Tim's family, attend his cousin's wedding and meet individuals who supported us at our Glasford, Illinois benefit. It was wonderful. Tim's parents bought a second home in Fort Ransom, so we spent several weeks with them working on the property. We celebrated "being Kylstad" with over 100 of my closest Kylstad relatives at a reunion held on the family farm. It was great having Tim meet family members he hadn't had opportunity to meet, and hang out with family members that also supported us in benefit efforts. The fourth of July in Fort was once again a fun-filled weekend, including a parade, picnic, games, rodeo and my favorite, a trip to Storybook Land in Aberdeen, SD with my parents, sisters and the kiddos. Tim, Arya and I went to wedding last weekend for a wonderful young woman I met while caring for her sister. Her sister, a bridesmaid and one of the great joys I have had in my life, remembered me right away. It was a wonderful feeling.
This weekend, our little family of 3, took advantage of HAVING to come to Rochester by stopping in Minneapolis for the night for a mini family vacay. We spent 2 half days touring around the Mall of America. Arya loved the aquarium, seeing the kids at Nickleodeon Land and riding the carousel with her daddy.
Like I said we are now in Rochester. I will update you all on my status when we know something. Thank you for continuing to keep myself and all of us in your prayers while we are on this journey.
Love Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment