Friday, September 13, 2013

Home at last...

It has been a long busy week, but we are finally back in Fort Ransom where we belong.  After a week of hard good-byes, packing, loading and cleaning, we are finally getting some down time to take it all in.

Last Sunday we had great visits with several friends who stopped by to wish us well on our journey.  We have met so many great people in Tim's seven/my six years in Kansas City.

Tuesday morning Arya had her follow-up appointment with the neonatologist.  As expected, our little angel has exceeded all expectations.  She no longer needs to wear the heart monitor, and she is growing well.  In fact, our "preemie" was now 9 pounds, 1 1/4  ounces in weight and 21 1/4 inches in length.  Knowing my due date isn't until Monday, September 16th, I am guessing I could have had a 10 pound kiddo!  One of our greatest blessings in all of this is that she is healthy and thriving.

Tuesday evening our ND moving crew arrived.  With the help of some of Tim's buddies, our first trailer was packed and ready to go that night.  Wednesday morning with the help of more friends, we were loaded up before 1pm.  Mom, Tim and I were on the road shortly after.  We stayed in Sioux City, IA Wednesday night and completed the trek Thursday.  We rolled into my parents driveway that afternoon.  Arya was a trooper both days in the car.  Our little angel slept nearly the whole time.

We had a special surprise upon arriving.  Tim's aunt and uncle from Illinois were waiting for us at my parents' house.  We were thrilled to show them around our new home.  Arya was busy getting aquainted with her ND family.  She has had lots of "holding" time.  Today, we unloaded our belongings into my parents' garage in anticipation of the big move to our new home.  We were able to go see the house today.  Tim and I LOVE it.  We are excited to start this new chapter of our lives, raising our daughter in the community we love.

I am feeling surprisingly really good.  Today was day 4 of my chemo dose regimen.  Currently, the medication makes me tired.  Now that we are home, I intend on taking it easy for the coming week.  Other than Arya's pediatrician appointment in Fargo next week, we don't have many other plans until Mayo Clinic on the 24th.

Planning for the benefits continue, and Tim and I couldn't be more grateful for the outpouring of support from everywhere.  It is so appreciated. 
As always-Thank you for keeping us in your prayers and following our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment