We also had a health scare with Tim recently. He had been having an ongoing pain behind his knee. He was concerned for a blood clot, so luckily he went in to see a doctor. It was confirmed that he had a clot in an axillary vein. He has been taking blood thinners, and so far, he is doing great.
Halloween was a special day. Not only was it Arya's first Halloween (she was the most adorable baby chick), we also took possession of our new home in Fort Ransom. Since then, we have been working our tails off unpacking and settling in. Anyone who knows me well, would know that my home is my hobby, and I will not stop working on it until it is truly a home. As promised, Tim painted Arya's room the very same color as our nursery in KC. I have all her stuff hung on the walls and organized, and it is beautiful.
We have had many visitors from Illinois recently as well. Tim's parents as well as his aunt and cousin arrived November 4th. Also a friend of Tim's from high school came for a few days. We all had a blast at the Sportsman's banquet in Fort, we've introduced Tim's family to our family and friends in our new community, and we have worked a lot in our house. Arya has had a lot of Grandma and Grandpa Ekvall time.
November 12th, we officially no longer owned our home in Kansas City. It was bittersweet, but we are relieved to have the house selling process behind us.
Today was a VERY special day. Today we baptized our angel into God's family and Tim joined my hometown church. She did amazing. She didn't cry; she didn't even wake up when the water was poured on her head. We had a great dinner at our home, our first family dinner in our new place. We couldn't be more grateful than to have such a supportive family and the support of our congregation. It truly was a celebration.
Although the benefits have been over for some time now, we have still been receiving cards and donations from people all over, many complete strangers who have been touched by our story. We are always grateful and humbled every time we receive such generous gifts.
I want everyone to know that I am truly doing really well. I have very high spirits. I truly believe I am getting better. Tim and I make a point to live each day as normally as possible. Arya is the center of our world. We are settling into our more "country" lifestyle. We are honestly, truly happy.
With Love Always-Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment